Pages

Life


Don't ya just love that? It's so true and so often we forget that everyone is dealing with some sort of struggle. My mom says, everyone is either going through tough time, just came out of a tough time, or they're about to go through a tough time. Life is hard. Full of ups and downs. We have to remind ourselves to breathe, relax and trust God. Man, that can be a challenge. I've been going though a really tough time myself. In fact August was HARD! Not going to share all of that right now, but I want to just say, if you're dealing with something hard in your life right now, know that God cares for you and LOVES YOU so much. That was one of the things that I held onto during this time. When you don't see your situation improving it's very easy to feel hopeless. But remembering that God loves me and will help me through this dark has been more than comforting. I encourage you to read your Bible. I love the Psalms when I feel discouraged. I just pick the date, so for Sept 19th, I read the 19th Psalm (something my parents taught me growing up.)
Also, a book that I'm still reading (I started it a year ago) is A Praying Life.  Hey, I'm a mom of three! Don't judge!;) It's amazing. The author is so humble and his stories are so encouraging. Plus, they really will help you believe in the power of prayer.
Another HUGE help was listening to encouraging music. K-luv radio in the car, Mercy Me radio on Pandora. I love Jeremy Camp's music

Let's hang in there people!  It's always the darkest before the dawn. 
And God is faithful, He will meet you exactly where you are!

2 comments:

stephanie. said...

thanks for the reminder!

Jesus calling is a good app if you have an iPhone. daily verses from the bible.

xoxo Stephanie (aka little.miss.spf ;)

Natalina said...

I hope you are doing good, Elisabeth!

I have nominated you for a Liebster award, I hope you will like to join in :) Here is the link: http://www.natalinaland.net/2012/12/liebster-award.html#more