Pages

new vintage threads and a tip for making them smell pretty too

Untitled 

Untitled

I adore thrifting. Especially when I can find vintage numbers that are "in"- right now! I love a lot of vintage styles, but I don't have the space to store all my pretty finds that I might be holding onto for a few years. Okay, I have a couple pieces tucked away in hopes they return, and trust me. They will.

So, if you are a lover of vintage you know the smell that comes along with those old, but good threads.  Most of the time it's grody. But sometimes I like the smell. Ooo gross, I know. But it's kind of nostalgic, you're thinking nasty! yeah, I know. But you know the old book smell... if you like that smell then you know what I'm talking about. So, I like it for a min, but not to wear. I don't want my hubby smelling that musty vintage smell on me. no, sir. I hope he only smells my alfred sung.

ok.

Until this month's in style magazine I just let that smell wear off. It took a longtime, but now it's super fast. Just spritz that vintage pretty with some vodka and the next day it smells great! I wash mine before I wear it. I'm a lucky duck, both of those tops say machine washable. yippee!

Oh, and you don't have to use vanilla absolute, any cheap vodka will work! I just had that leftover and it's not that great in cocktails, so I'm happy I found a new purpose for it.:)




No comments: