Pages

My two artists

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled


Untitled

I started reading the philosopher Henri-Frédéric Amiel's quotes a few years ago. The first quote I read was, "Learn to limit yourself, to content yourself with some definite thing, and some definite work; dare to be what you are, and learn to resign with a good grace all that you are not and to believe in your own individuality." I loved that. It encouraged me to start designing and creating my jewelry for my etsy. Reminding me that I didn't need to compare myself with others. I needed to be okay with my limits, but be brave and follow my dream, and be myself. Lately the quote that has meant a lot to me is, "He who is silent is forgotten; he who abstains is taken at his word; he who does not advance, falls back; he who stops is overwhelmed, distanced, crushed; he who ceases to grow greater becomes smaller; he who leaves off, gives up; the stationary condition is the beginning of the end — it is the terrible symptom which precedes death. To live, is to achieve a perpetual triumph: it is to assert one's self against destruction, against sickness, against the annulling and dispersion of one's physical and moral being. It is to will without ceasing, or rather to refresh one's will day by day." Isn't that good? It tells me that I can't give up! I also love the quote "The great artist is the simplifier." That reminds me of my kiddos and myself. I love art and I'm so grateful my kiddos have a passion for it too. I didn't allow myself to be an artist until my thirties. I always wanted to paint, and tried early in my twenties, but was hard on myself and gave up. I don't feel like I'm much better, but I have finally learned to accept my art. Even when it seems incredibly simple.

No comments: