Pages

You might be a hippie if...

You make your own deodorant! 
Any hippies here? I raise my hand with pride because I'm "sure" I am! har har
DSC_0513

Promised my pals on Instagram I'd share the recipe for the homemade deodorant that I've been using, and LOVING!

My SIL sent me this link, but I found this one. It's really all over the web.

 I never thought I'd be making my own deodorant. Not so much because the thought of being THAT green was weird to me (okay it was), but more so because I didn't think some "kitchen concoction" would work on me. The natural health-store stuff didn't. The clinical stuff didn't.  So, why would I even think twice about using something homemade. Have I embarrassed myself enough? yeah?
 I thought so!
Well folks, it works and it's awesome! 
No odor, AT ALL. Even at the end of the day or after a hard workout!
My daughter loves it and it works great on her too! The health-store deodorant made her breakout in a rash, and it went against my better judgement to let her wear antiperspirant-read the dangers here. So now, that problem is solved and we're all smelling sweet, and have a peace of mind.

I went crazy and made enough to share!
My daughter goes: "that's not something you should give as a gift."
 A store bought tube, yes, but a homemade awesome jar, perfect gift!
 
My one gf I have given one to so far, texted me:
" I love this deodorant!!! I LOVE it!!! Thanks, friend!"
 
The south Texas heat is coming, but we're ready!

Don't sweat it, I'm SURE it'll work for you too;) (I crack myself up)

Find me on Instagram!
@yogafitmommy

2 comments:

The Sugar Mountain said...

I'm still using & loving it! Corbin has even used it too :)

For the Love of Food! said...

love this- i'm definitely going to have to try this out! thanks!