Pages

Swaps are my thing

 The swapping has begun! My mom and her friend came in town tonight and we've been swapping already. I scored that black pleated high low skirt with tags! And those Steve madden gold glitter espadrilles!

I'm hosting a swap this coming Saturday, Yippee! Anyone who knows me knows I love swaps. Free clothes and girlfriend time. Sign me up, I'll be there!

A few friends have asked the details of the infamous "swaps" so here's the way the swaps I've been to and host go down.

You go through your stuff and get rid of things you no longer love. Bring that stuff (clothing (all seasons)), shoes, jewelry, and other accessories to the swap, as well as a bottle of wine and or a yummy dish to share. I usually try to opt for something on the healthy/salty side, because there will be a ton of sweets, and balance is the name of the game, now isn't it?;)

You arrive and disperse your items as if you ran the shop. If I'm there I'll offer to do the job of going through your bag and setting up shop for you, so I can get first dibs on your cool stuff because I'll have already looked through the stuff that's there, of course. So you can get right into the shopping game. You can often try items on in the bathroom, but I usually just eye-ball it and if the piece doesn't work I'll swap it next go around.

We have no rules on how much you can bring or how much you can take with you. The leftover items are donated.

It's REALLY simple and super fun.

 I host a swap twice a year and get invited to a couple as well. Swapping saves us money, gives me some great free shopping endorphins, is a fun night with the gals and helps me clean out my closet! Win win all around! You should plan a swap soon!

No comments: